Uninstalled Dangerous Rays Manually, now I can't reinstall

If you want to contribute to fix the issues of Dangerous Rays this place is for you
TheConMan

Uninstalled Dangerous Rays Manually, now I can't reinstall

Postby TheConMan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:48 am

So I wanted to go back to Dangerous Rays Alpha 16 since 17 doesn't have the big terrain generation, so I manually uninstalled the game by dragging all of the associated files into the recycle bin and deleting them. Now the installer keeps telling me I need to uninstall the game some way, but the game is gone, I checked, and I can't install the game anymore at all. Does the game make a change to a small file somewhere, is that what's doing it?

Not sure where I was supposed to post this, it's not directly associated to the gameplay, just the raw files it seems.

Edit: I was able to fix the issue by running a system restore, so I've been able to reinstall the game.

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Re: Uninstalled Dangerous Rays Manually, now I can't reinstall

Postby OldSnake » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:18 am

Hello,

Yes removing files manually is not a good way to uninstall software. There is also some registry entries to clean. that's why you need to uninstall the game from your windows configuration pannel or by using some softwares like CCleaner.
Dangerous Rays main developer and Lonely Bits Games director. http://www.lonelybitsgames.com

TheConMan

Re: Uninstalled Dangerous Rays Manually, now I can't reinstall

Postby TheConMan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:37 pm

Yeah, I don't really know why I didn't think Dangerous Rays had an uninstaller, but I'll chalk it up to my own foolishness.

Thank you for the reply.

Return to “Bug Reports”