Modding Support: Empty, Flat World

Seneral
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Modding Support: Empty, Flat World

Post by Seneral » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:21 pm

Hey there!
I am currently exploring and trying some things out in DR. Recently my goal was to finally clean a world until it's limits, so I would be able to load in an instant for testing. My result is pretty good, it loads in about 4secs on my rig and is basically a flat, empty, world (32x32sqrs) including nothing but the player, as all managers like Soundmanager, DayCycleManager etc. seems to be auto generated each time.

To use it, I recommend to do a copy for multiple uses first. Place the folder provided here into " C:\Users\*username*\Documents\DangerousRays\save\worlds " and it will show up in the game as "FlatMap" on default.
To change the world name to get multiple instances running, you have to rename the folder, of course, AND you have to edit the XML-file "world" in this specific folder. Open it with Notepad++ and change the string "name" in line 4, default "FlatMap".
Please note the keyword "encoding" in the first line! Mine is set to "windows-1252"; from this point I'm unsure if this has to do with my OS, if you're getting trouble, load up another "world" config of another world and CopyPaste!
If you're still getting trouble, you may post another one of your worlds generated by the game and I'll take a look if there are other things one have to change to get the result.

I hope this file will help you until an empty world generation will be officially implemented;)

See you!
-Seneral

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Re: Modding Support: Empty, Flat World

Post by OldSnake » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:56 pm

Nice, i like contributions like this.

You will love the new modding support in the new Steam version of Dangerous Rays :)
Dangerous Rays main developer and Lonely Bits Games director. http://www.lonelybitsgames.com

Seneral
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Re: Modding Support: Empty, Flat World

Post by Seneral » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:20 pm

Thank you! :)
I'm definetely looking forward to the new system!