Questions about "stuff"

Abberation

Questions about "stuff"

Postby Abberation » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:38 am

I thought it would be a good idea to open up a thread about questions possible modders might have about the game...
For instance the few questions i have are how modifiable the game is at the moment and what program was used to model the weapons and if blender would be suitable....that is all the questions i have for the moment....

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Re: Questions about "stuff"

Postby OldSnake » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:02 am

I will do a special post to explain what players can do at the moment regarding modding in less than 48h.

Blender is perfectly suitable for Dangerous Rays, this is the modeling tool that i am using.
Dangerous Rays main developer and Lonely Bits Games director. http://www.lonelybitsgames.com

Abberation

Postby Abberation » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:06 am

Thank you sir dev....

Applejaxc

Postby Applejaxc » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:03 am

OldSnake wrote:I will do a special post to explain what players can do at the moment regarding modding in less than 48h.

Blender is perfectly suitable for Dangerous Rays, this is the modeling tool that i am using.

Thank you, and thank you.

I need to know so I can get started ASAP!
"She looked down to blush, and up to sigh, with a smile on her face, and a tear in her eye." -Lochinvar, by Sir Walter Scott

Abberation

Postby Abberation » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:39 am

Alright just a few questions, first off is .png suitable for textures and are .3ds files good for models? that is all...

Seneral
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Postby Seneral » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:23 pm

Actually no, .png's are barely used in games as they just use up way too much memory, the most common used are .dds (DR too, open and convert with Ps or paint.net).
Object format is currently Leadwerk's .gmf which is a binary format and as such cannot be decoded. As of this .3ds isn't supported (and probably won't in the future)
Converters are UU3D (it costs and is a 3rd party tool) or the fbx2gmf.exe converter which comes with the Leadwerks engine (well... I got it from somewhere in the forums of leadwerks.... aaand... I don't know where the link is.... even if I would find it.... I'm not sure if it's even legal as I've not purchased Leadwerks engine, but there was somewhere a link out there to download :/)

Anyways, both are and will not be supported for quite sure, I bet. They are just unusual to use and not really made for games.

Abberation

Postby Abberation » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:31 pm

Thank you, you have been quite helpful...

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby OldSnake » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:33 am

A lot of file formats will be supported by the new 3D conversion tool that will be provided with the Steam version of Dangerous Rays. (fbx, 3ds, dae, obj..)
Dangerous Rays main developer and Lonely Bits Games director. http://www.lonelybitsgames.com

Return to “Modding Discussion & Support”