Resolution and manual tweaking

Problems about running the game, purchasing...
CAHAI
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Resolution and manual tweaking

Post by CAHAI » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:03 pm

Tested the Aplha4 on two different systems (all current, all updated)

WIN7/64b

Loaded and ran fine on my dual monitor - saw the native resolution and allowed me to select other sizes in the pull down.

WIN81/64b
Loads fine but still defaults to 1280x720/60hz on my projection TV with no other choices in the pull down - here is the bite though, it is displaying a 1920x1080 window (so I effectively only see the top left corner)

Would I be wrong to guess that the engine is hardwired for 59/60hz or higher refresh and cannot/doesn't see the 1080i resolution at 30hz?

Can I manually edit the userconfig.ini or has that been pulled out for now?

Let me know what I can do on my end, you probably have other priorities to attend to.

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Re: Resolution and manual tweaking

Post by OldSnake » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:05 am

Hello so your refresh rate is 30 hz ?

Can you contact me at support@lonelybitsgame.com so we can try something together ?

CAHAI
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Post by CAHAI » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:48 pm

Alpha5 helped a lot - had to ALT-TAB out set the desktop resolution back to 1080i and the screen showed in all its glory - it was the only way to reach the QUIT button to save the settings.

The pull down now shows the alternate resolutions that one usually sees and flips to the correct refresh rate :ympeace: - I have not tried any of them yet.

Upon program restart, the screen is higher resolution :-bd and ALT-TAB shows I am in 1080i mode :-bd , however the start screen appears to now only be 25% larger than the desktop cutting the text off after RAY and just above the QUIT button (which I can click off screen). It is probably a simple math fix.

CAHAI
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Post by CAHAI » Sun May 11, 2014 10:41 am

UPDATE: DISABLE DPI SCALING in the EXE Advanced Preferences solved the issue at 1080i - this is the first time I have ever needed to use that option. (*)