Firearm Mods I'm Planning (Help Requested)

General discussions about the game
Applejaxc

Firearm Mods I'm Planning (Help Requested)

Post by Applejaxc » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:32 pm

-snip-

This post is no longer necessary. Thank you those who have contributed to this thread.
Last edited by Applejaxc on Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

AiMsIcK
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Re: Firearm Mods I'm Planning (Help Requested)

Post by AiMsIcK » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:45 am

I personnaly think, we have to keep in mind that mainly a survival game, not a battlefield/war "simulator". Just like DayZ, and reallife, randged weapons are really rare in the civilian domain, and we have to deal with Z with things we found here and there.
But i'm not saying i fully decline this idea : maybe those military weapons can be found, just like Dayz (again) in some rare case, in military building/area, and the danger coming with that.

Voodoom

Post by Voodoom » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:05 am

Applejaxc wrote:The only issue therein is that I have no artistic flare, whatsoever, and thus if I cannot find a free 3D model online I can't make a mod for it. Thusly, if anyone wants to help me, awesome.
Emto was interested in making models of weapons to the game. Perhaps you can try to contact him.

This mod sounds interesting, even if I have a very limited knowledge about weapons. If it is a quality mod it could be included in bigger mods such as campaigns or things like that. :)

aggelon

Post by aggelon » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:30 am

And what about if I want the opposite : disable some military firearms which are already included in the vanilla game ?
(to get a more civilian game, according my tastes)

Can I simply erase some vanilla xml ?
There will be no problem with % of loot generation ?
Let's imagine I remove all weapons, except hachet : I want to keep the % to find an hachet, not to increase it and to avoid that ALL loot points of weapons become hachet (so hachet was 100%, instead of initial %) = if the weapon normally looted was not an hachet, then simply no loot

Is it possible ?

(sorry for my very bad english, fix me if necessary)

Thanks.

Applejaxc

Post by Applejaxc » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:32 pm

aggelon wrote:-snip-
This is a reply to everyone, not just you. That being said:

Civilian weapons will be a focus, later on, when I'm done making cool weapons. They'll undoutably be easier to find models for, the most difficult part.
I don't want to turn this into WarZ. All of these weapons will have rarer spawns than the G36C, except the Ruger 700 and Savage bolt-actions; they're both incredibly popular hunting rifles in the USA. The 5.7mm is, despite Germany's best efforts, gaining in popularity. If the US doesn't ban it soon, I'm going to assume it only gains in popularity with NATO as part of my "Alternate Future" storyline (which will be part of yet another mod...) which includes its adoption by the USA, Britain, and the countries apposed to seperatist Germany's faction and Russia (which will use 4.8x30 and 7.62 Takorav). There is a civilian-sale "reduced-quality" version of the 57 and P90's ammunition which is less effective at armor-piercing than the "real" ammunition, but produces FAR less recoil than 5.56x45. Its adoption by the military, + growing popularity of the 57/P90 = popularity in the civilian market, rivaling that of the .223/5.56x45. So, realistically, it isn't realistic to make 5.7 civilian too rare. "Real" full-power 5.7 will be VERY rare to limit the OPness of the weapons.
A smuggled FN57 sells for $5000 a gun in Mexico.

Voodoom, thank you! I contacted him.

Hunting/varmint rifles will spawn in shacks (where you'd expect), with a rare spawn chance (I mean extremely!) for assault weapons, for those crazy cooks preparing for the end that didn't make it as far as you have.
Civilian buildings, cars, and wherehaveyou (all up to what Franck adds) will spawn pistols and semi-auto only rifles and shotguns + their ammunition.
Military installations will spawn military gear.

Eventually, when AI is added, I will add rare US SF, Spetznas, and Soviet sleeper cells as AI bandits that will cary these weapons around. They are not going to be easy to kill!

All of this is still in the theoretical stage. I just wanted to make sure no one else wasted their time on mods/released one before me to make me feel like I wasted mine... A lot of this is reliant on Franck's work; I can't start until the game is released, obviously. I can't add shotguns until he creates the phyx simulation for shotguns. I can't add AI until he adds AI.

I love all of your faces. I've been really hitting the books (Wikipedia and "d20 Modern Weapon's Locker" ...) researching. I don't know how realistic the game is going to be. Essentially my notes are:

Weapon Name
Caliber
Speed
Damage (Muzzle)
Effective Range
Basic description (for made-up weapons like the PDW-R "Matador")
Penetration
Et cetera.

Name and caliber are the only things I've been able to actually write. My notes are written as "Speed: 90% G36C. Damage: 115% G36C. Penetration: 2 metal 3 wood. Effective range: 120% G36C" instead of real numbers. I'm doing everything out of fractions and percents of the G36 in-game.

I will obviously include instructions on how to reduce, or even remove, the spawns of any mod weapons so you can do as you wish.

Abberation

Post by Abberation » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:38 am

This is a long list of weapons for one mod to add in all at once, therefor(and this is only a suggestion) you should start with only about half to a quarter of that list and then update it continuously as time progresses. Other than that, more guns=more happy.... :)

Applejaxc

Post by Applejaxc » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:49 am

Abberation wrote:This is a long list of weapons for one mod to add in all at once, therefor(and this is only a suggestion) you should start with only about half to a quarter of that list and then update it continuously as time progresses. Other than that, more guns=more happy.... :)
There's no way in Hell I'd do every single item and release. It's going to be on staggered release, with related items being added in bundles (like all the OTs weapons will be the OTs Update). <--- will probably take the longest
The AK107, 74M, AKM, et cetera Kalashnikovs will all be released together most likely.
The FN57 and P90 will be released together.
SPAS12 and M1014
Sniper rifles will be one big bundle
PDW-R/PDW-R "Matador"
Glocks
Revolvers/pistols
SMGs <--- Will probably be last or next to last behind sniper rifles; finding a model for the [ur=http://milpas.cc/rifles/ZFiles/Submachi ... -2000.jpgl]Slovakian SMG[/url] is going to be difficult.

The updates will be "Optional"; every release will include all releases before it. I will include (as I said above) instructions on removing spawns for weapons you don't want to see in your game.

Abberation

Post by Abberation » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:55 am

You have good goals and i admire that, but have you thought about releasing one of each weapon type per update? instead of just having to wait a long time for sniper rifles or shotguns just release say, The AK74, Aksu, Makarov, and the dragunov all together? again just a thought...
Last edited by Abberation on Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Applejaxc

Post by Applejaxc » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:13 am

Abberation wrote:You have good goals and i admire that, but have you thought about releasing one of each weapon type per update? instead of just having to wait a long time for sniper rifles or shotguns just release say, The AK74, Aksu, Makarov, and the dragunov all together? again just a thought, but i like where your head is at...
I don't understand your contradiction. You're saying I shouldn't release weapons of one type, but then tell me to release related weapons altogether...???

I most likely won't include a Dragunov; that weapon will most likely be modded in 9 thousand times over before I've even installed the game.

Abberation

Post by Abberation » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:31 am

Look, i like to be a positive person and give people a friendly impression of me, so i add things that don't make sense some times out of sheer kindness...And now i have just edited it, is that better?
Oh, and i can understand your opinion of the Dragunov, it is a very overused weapon, but it was just an example....