DR Demo

General discussions about the game
dude-awesome

DR Demo

Post by dude-awesome » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Hiho,

is there a release date for a demo in the near future?

greetz

dude

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Re: DR Demo

Post by OldSnake » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:43 pm

Hello dude-awesome, Unfortunately since i am the only developer working on this game i think i wont have the time to make a demo for now.

The game will be released in early alpha access in April (yes that's next month already) if all goes well for a very affordable price. i am planning to make a demo later if i can hire some developer to make it while i am focusing on the main game development. :)

mockingbird

Re: DR Demo

Post by mockingbird » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:08 pm

While I think you could do away with the demo by making some really compelling gameplay videos, or perhaps by sending it to some indie-friendly youtube reviewers like TotalBiscuit
(http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalHalibut) I believe that nothing beats one's own hands-on impression.

I remember Mount and Blade and Minecraft had a pretty good idea for sandbox demos. All the game's functions were available, but M&B locked up the game after you reached level 5 or 6 (which was pretty early), MC had a straight timer which froze the game after 90 minutes. A bit ham-fisted, but seems like an effective way to make a demo with minimum time investment.

I know a guy who is pretty handy with C++ and QT, works on some boring corporate stuff at the moment, I guess he could use a little fun.
I can drop him a line if you want.