[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Alpha 15 feedback - Lonely Bits Games Community Forums

Alpha 15 feedback

General discussions about the game
OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Alpha 15 feedback

Postby OldSnake » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:34 am

Hello, please give your general feedback about Dangerous Rays Alpha 15 here so we can improve the game in the next versions :)

Thank you.
Dangerous Rays main developer and Lonely Bits Games director. http://www.lonelybitsgames.com

Seneral
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Re: Alpha 15 feedback

Postby Seneral » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Hey there!
Just finished my first hour of gameplay in the new update and noted down some things... So first off, it seems to be improve quite a bit, but I found some bugs, too. Please note I only listet PROBLEMS, nothing other! First the major ones:
- The new AI seems quite buggy, a few zombies did only attack me if I stand right in front of them - They seem to recognize me, but they are walking in a straight line next to me... stopping, waiting some seconds, then do all over again. As I said, I have to walk right in front of them to let them hit me:( But I'm sure you're going to fix it! I got screens in the link
- Seems the sound system isn't switchable? I got 7.1 support, but didn't found the button in the sound settings. It didn't felt as if the game recognized it and switched it on...
- A issue I got for quite some time: I can't switch zones, I did a save to look if it's fixed, but as it generates, and stops as he spawned me the player and crashes. While I saw the underground:(

Well, these were the major things that cought my eye:/ Some other less important are:
- There are still some roads cut off(defenitely old problem:) )...
- A house spawned in a lake causing a strange flying lake(probably old)...
- Some collision problems at a certain bed in a certain house(old)...
- Thatch roof texture in a certain house squeezes and changes when moving(older issue?)...
I got some of most issues.

All in all the update was quite nice, but it seems the both new features aren't working for me like expected:( It defenitely fixes lots of bugs, these are remaining...
Thank you either way!
-Seneral

CKAT
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Postby CKAT » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:16 am

I'll start with what I liked:
1) Optimization. Gone are friezes in which fell FPS.
2) New audio engine. Although I can not fully appreciate it at the moment.

Among the few drawbacks:
1) Low volume in the game, but better than in older versions.
2) Broken AI navigation. Zombies behave very strangely. Here are a couple of examples:

Windows 10 64bit | 6 GB RAM | AMD FX 4170 | AMD Radeon HD 7770

ToKamaK
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Postby ToKamaK » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:35 pm

ToKamaK
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Postby ToKamaK » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi gentlemen,

I finally done a quick walk through Alpha 15. :)

This time I understood how to get more ammunations: :D

I should have watched the greenlight promotionnal video sooner :ymblushing:

I felt like Rambo once I got the combat knife :ymcowboy: **==

The light effect are still very cool. I wonder who could have forgooten that tool up there ?

Anyway, that is not lost for everyone...

The walk ended quite rapidly, when I jumped from a watch tower. I've been quite audacious. :p

However I have a little glitch when I close the inventory sometimes, I have a wild item description blinking, seemingly following the mouse:

I am not sure how to trigger this, maybe by selecting an item then closing the inventory, but I am not sure. did someone else had a similar behaviour ?

End Of Report,
ToKamaK.

Return to “Discussion”