[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Alpha 14 Feedback - Lonely Bits Games Community Forums

Alpha 14 Feedback

General discussions about the game
OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Alpha 14 Feedback

Postby OldSnake » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:11 pm

Hello, please give your general feedback about Dangerous Rays Alpha 14 here so we can improve the game in the next versions :)

Thank you.
Dangerous Rays main developer and Lonely Bits Games director. http://www.lonelybitsgames.com

CKAT
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Re: Alpha 14 Feedback

Postby CKAT » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:25 pm

In this update added important thing like actor_spawn console command. Game has become more saturated (decorative objects, weapons, food, etc). :)

I think what need to add rain and zombie collision model. Zombie die in strange poses, like this:
Attachments
zombie1.jpg
zombie1.jpg (126.4 KiB) Viewed 1468 times
Windows 10 64bit | 6 GB RAM | AMD FX 4170 | AMD Radeon HD 7770

deadahead

Postby deadahead » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:31 pm

@CKAT
I noticed that too. As soon as you get that last hit in they become a contortionist and bend like a pretzel. I would love some rain, it seems like the storms are way less frequent. Are there any other bunkers besides yours? I think it would be cool if you came across other bunkers or camps where you found remnants of survivors.

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby OldSnake » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:45 pm

Never saw this bug yet.

Do you have some AMD graphics cards, are you playing on laptops ?
Dangerous Rays main developer and Lonely Bits Games director. http://www.lonelybitsgames.com

deadahead

Postby deadahead » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:15 pm

ToKamaK
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Postby ToKamaK » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:26 pm

Hi Gentlemen.

I would like to say this update is awesome. I did not took the time to see all the new features, especially the item spawning yet. The fact is I want to check item spawning statistics. For now, please find herebelow my first impressions:

+ Destructible crates. The way it works is rather unique. I have not seen anything like this in any other videogame and I love it :x
+ The general color palette when the sun is shiny becomes even more realistic each update.
+ Gamma configuration. I know some people would not like the existence of such option (cheating with the luminosity for missions in the dark) but for me it useful. My flat it very luminous in the afternoon and I can barely see anything through the screen in this case.
+ Night time. It seems more luminous than before, isn't it ? or it is the first time I had a full moon and clear sky at the same time.

- I played during several hours but didn't find any ammo boxes. Is there something I missed ? Or just bad luck ? %%-
- Had some issues at first run to have god rays running (I can't live without, they add something unique to the general ambiance). Seemed to have been available after restarting the game.
- Had some strange behaviour on a texture under a roof when activating cone step mapping. Maybe some math that follows a strange behaviour under extreme conditions...

See you in some times for more impressions,
ToKamaK report over.

MrThirsty

Postby MrThirsty » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:06 am

Hi OldSnake,

So far really impressed with this release, it's solid!

I like the improvements to the walking, running motion, feels more fluid and less bouncy. Great stuff.
The new selection cursor is very helpful, cuts the 'can I or can't I' out of object selection. New buildings are looking great, even better are the new interiors which are a massive improvement, with more space and better shapes - I spent some time looking out of the new windows thinking which would make a great zombie sniper spot for me and a friend! The new melee weps are nice, including the absence of the forearms in the bat animation. Yes I'm picky! Objects in the inventory look neater now too, destroyable crates are fun, good job! (didn't find any ammo inside them though)
The grass, additional flowers, tress and lighting feels more immersive now, really looking forward to your new engine plans - part static/part random gen, should be sweet!

Would like to see possibly the camera shake when hitting things, toned down a little? Again, nice with the sounds for each object now integrated.

Return to “Discussion”