A bit long...

General discussions about the game
Crystal Noir
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

A bit long...

Postby Crystal Noir » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:44 am

Hi,

Personally, I am starting to lose faith in the project and to have doubts. The news fall like droppers, no alpha build for a big long time.

By supporting this project, I thought I could participate in the development, being able to test different builds, implementations, even buggy, but no. I just won a long wait, with a wobbly communication.

Certainly, there are dev diaries but a few, the facebook page is no longer updated since February, the forum is more than quiet (at the same time: what to say?).

In short, I am in doubt.

PS : I know what development (game or not) is and it can take a lot of time but when there are bakers or supporters, the first thing to do is to involve them in the project (by testing differents builds for example).

Darkamo

Re: A bit long...

Postby Darkamo » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:44 pm

I think we really should not be in doubt, this big phase of silence for Dangerous rays was justify by the last dev diary, oldsnake is working hard on the game theres no doubt , if we are not testing stuff atm that means that for him they are not ready to be tested by us.

I can only say that we need patients , you even said yourself that you know how long making a game is , but im glad that you create this topic , im sure since old snake is not busy with stuff anymore we will get some more updates and stuff to discuss , im sure of that ;) !
Those are beautyfull but dangerous rays.

JumpstyleTV

Postby JumpstyleTV » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:31 pm

i spoke to a friend of OldSnake and what i got from him is that he moved into a new house that is why its taking so long. Anyways there have been 2 new posts on http://www.dangerousrays.com/workinprogress . So hopefully ver.18 will be released soon. =;

JackMayol

Postby JackMayol » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:44 pm

Hi guys,

I can assure you guys that there is no need to be worried. I became a friend and a business partner of OldSnake over the last 2 years and he is working non-stop on the game. He is for the most part alone on this and rewriting the engine from scratch takes his time.
As you can see from this WIP link, the changelog will be a book ;)
Try to be a bit more patient, it will surely be worth it! :)

BerSeeker
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Postby BerSeeker » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:09 pm

JackMayol wrote:Hi guys,
...He is for the most part alone on this and rewriting the engine from scratch takes his time.

I think we are all aware of that.
what Crystal Noir says...
Crystal Noir wrote:By supporting this project, I thought I could participate in the development, being able to test different builds, implementations, even buggy, but no. I just won a long wait, with a wobbly communication.

... is having the supporters more involved in this.

by the past we already asked Oldsnake to communicate more often, even if there's sparse or no information.
we got dev diaries ...sparse dev diaries.

from my point of view, participating and supporting this game developpment was like looking over Oldsnake shoulder :)
looking on what he is working, why and how it will be done. (simply)
communication is really the first thing to consider when asking financial support. even when you have nothing to say on the game dev itself !

we are living in a world where : who does not talk does not exists...

DKmintz

Postby DKmintz » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:33 pm

Thirteen months since this thread was created and...Im still not entirely sure on the development of this game.

I paid money for this, and although I had a tech demo of sorts at the beginning, this is no longer available as far as I know, and I too am concerned this software has been forgotten about.

Im pretty sure the dev said we would be able to have some sort of access to a steam alpha build early 2017, or was it 2016?

Im not sure on anything about this.

If the project has been ditched, sure live and learn, not to support early access games, but knowing one way or the other would be useful rather than being left in the position that its like, 'oh yeah, what was that game called again, lets check on whats happening...hmmmm'.

Can anyone shed any further light?

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby OldSnake » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:14 pm

Hello DKMintz,

The game still in very active development despite the lack of any release since a long time now.

I had to redo the game from scratch because I was not satisfied enough of the old game engine. Things are going well and I am planning to release a preview version of the alpha 18 at the end of the year. (I had to postpone alpha 17 release a lot of time because I simply need more time to make everything solid and nice for the future as I am planning to support the game for several years if possible after the Steam release).

After the official Steam release the release cycle will be completely normal again (2 to 4 updates per month).

Thanks for your understanding.
Dangerous Rays main developer and Lonely Bits Games director. http://www.lonelybitsgames.com

Return to “Discussion”