First look video released

Latest important news and announcements are here !
OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

First look video released

Post by OldSnake » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:53 am

Dangerous Rays first video is now released, in this first look video you can see how the current alpha build of the game looks and some of its gameplay.
We are planning to release more videos in the coming weeks to show various elements of the game like weapons, NPC's...

Some of you may be interested to know on which kind of PC this was captured so here it is:

CPU: Intel core i7 950 @3.07ghz
RAM: 6gb
GPU: NVidia GTX 760 (2gb memory)

We removed some buildings from the world to keep some surprises when the first alpha version of the game will be released. NPC's were disabled, we will show them later.
Enjoy watching this video and don't hesitate to share your feedback with us ;)

mockingbird

Re: First look video released

Post by mockingbird » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:03 pm

It's a bit schizophrenic that you refer to yourself as we (:

Anyways, great job on the lighting. Shame you didn't show what the flare looks like at night, or stepped a bit further from the fireplace.
I see an impressive hiking potential in these woods right there (even if to be eaten by slendermen).

A few questions - I noticed there's no water yet (and it doesn't look like the engine supports water-related effects yet).
Will there be other types of "biomes" (for lack of a better world - let me use minecraft terminology) in the game?

I like the object manipulation system, in most games it's just a meaningless gimmick. Here, I see some potential to use it for building and tearing stuff apart.
Do you plan freeform construction to be a big part of the game? And to follow that up, is the player expected to build and upgrade his own hideout,
or is it intended as a more nomadic experience, not settling anywhere for longer?

Are you planning to keep the color palette as is - washed out colors, mostly brown? It's pretty atmospheric, but sometimes it can be difficult to tell things apart.

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Re: First look video released

Post by OldSnake » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:01 am

Ahah yes I understand that but for the "official" announcement i am using "we" as i speak in the name of Lonely Bits Games and i will not stay forever alone if i can hire some people later on maybe.

The is some water in the game, you can find some ponds already:
Yes there will be more "Biomes" in the future like cities, wastelands areas, industrial zones...

You will be able to build some stuff but only some basic things like a dirty wooden shelter and things like that, the idea is to use the existing environment more than building some completely new and unrealistic things.

Regarding the color palette, this will stay more of less the same, don't expect some big changes but thanks to the modding support, advanced modders will be able to tweaks the game shaders, so everything is possible :)