[DEV DIARY 33] Progress Report

Latest important news and announcements are here !
OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

[DEV DIARY 33] Progress Report

Post by OldSnake » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:41 pm

Hello everyone and happy new year ! Another year has passed and Dangerous Rays Alpha 18 is not released yet. What is happening ?

1- Development State

I have spent much more time than originally planned on programming my own tools and modding tools. I have clearly made a mistake when I have evaluated the time required for finishing that task.
Fortunately most of the tools are now production ready and I can finally start to work on the core gameplay and use those tools...

I want to make it clear for everyone: the development is not paused ! I am working very hard on the game almost every day. Till now I was just focusing 100% of my time on the coding side that's why you didn't had infos about the development state for a quite long time period. But starting from now, I am going to invest more time in the communication with you guys as I will have more things to show and talk about.
I have made some investments for my work space: new multi monitor configuration, better keyboard... Oh and I have also cancelled every potential holiday periods in 2018. This should help me to get the job done faster. ~o)
A new forum topic has been created here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=567. In this topic i'm going to post my development progress on a regular basis. This topic is not locked so you can interact with me and suggest me some new features and comment the things I am working on.

Now I need to replicate every Dangerous Rays Alpha 17 (prototype version) features and improving them of course for the Alpha 18 version. This will take some time so don't expect to see some gameplay video footage very soon but it should definitely start to shape up very nicely around this summer.

2- Forums update

One minor info: As you may have noticed, I have updated the forums system. The forums are now faster and more responsive on smartphones and I have added SSL support along with numerous security fixes with some improvements to the visual style.

That's all for now !

Yeah I know this dev diary was way to short but as I said be prepared for more activity on the social networks from now on and do not forget this forum topic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=567.
Once again thank you for your support and see you soon on the Forums / Facebook / Twitter ;)

WensFR
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Re: [DEV DIARY 33] Progress Report

Post by WensFR » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Hi OldSnake,

I wish you a happy new year too. :ymparty:
Oh and I have also cancelled every potential holiday periods in 2018
Still, do not hesitate to rest a little bit ....

++
Wens

CKAT
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Post by CKAT » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:43 pm

I no longer even hoped for see a new devblog. Gone a long time since the release of last devblog. Anyway i wish you happy new year and good luck in work. \m/

Odin_Lowe

Post by Odin_Lowe » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Happy New Year! Bonne année!

Thanks OldSnake for letting us know! Don't forget to get some breaks too, we don't want to get you burned.

Cheers! :-bd

deadahead

Post by deadahead » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:09 pm

Thanks for the update Oldsnake. Keep up the good work and Happy New Year! \:D/

juauke
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Post by juauke » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:47 pm

Happy New Year ! Good to hear some news, but don't work too hard... We don't want you to make a burnout ;) !

abelro

Post by abelro » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:58 pm

YES!! Happy New Year indeed. A new year to ingest large quantities of cafe and use of large fonts to avoid eye strain. But do remember to eat. rest. keep any significant other happy and yourself too.

Bon courage!!

Abelro

\m/

Red Mayor
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Post by Red Mayor » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:01 pm

Thank you OldSnake!

Happy New Year!

I believe it is important that you have a break from this from time to time as it is a massive undertaking, so please do not apologise if you need to have a holiday.

Good luck.

Regards
Chris

BerSeeker
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Post by BerSeeker » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:52 pm

(*) HAPPY NEW YEAR (*)
I wish regular news about the game.
even when there's nothing to show. just to say you'r alive :)