About bug reports

If you want to contribute to fix the issues of Dangerous Rays this place is for you
Technical Community Manager
Technical Community Manager

About bug reports

Post by rezur » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:29 am

Hi everyone, first let me introduce myself.

I'm Rezur, Technical Community Manager for Dangerous Rays. What does it mean ? It means that I'll be supervising the bug tracking plateform (more on this later), the bug reports and the wiki.

During development, a good bug reporting tool, good bug reports, are keys to improve effectively the software you are working on. It allows you also to plan efficiently the necessary updates, write down a roadmap.

The bug reporting tool we use is named Mantis, and is already present at the following URL : http://www.dangerousrays.com/bugtracker/

I will post in the next hours a tutorial on how to use this bug tracker efficiently so that the dev team will not waste any time. You'll also be able to find this tutorial on the wiki that will be online shortly.

The forum you're currently reading (the Bug Reports one) will NOT be used to post new bugs, but to discuss actual bugs, already on the BugTracker Platform.

Dangerous Rays needs your help tracking all these little annoying bugs. It's a very time consuming task, but that's also all the fun of alpha/beta releases !

So we hope you'll have fun in the game and will help us improve the game.
How to write a good bug report : viewtopic.php?f=17&t=82

Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Re: About bug reports

Post by CAHAI » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:44 am

this will help a lot and hopefully cut down on multiple posts