Guns+

Applejaxc

Guns+

Post by Applejaxc » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:05 am

Hello.

I am working on adding a plethora of firearms to Dangerous Rays (referred to hereafter as "DR")

CURRENT WEAPONS IN DEVELOPMENT: M1911A1, M1911A1 Springfield SI, MP5K, MP10

+ = development focus
* = rare (with several asterisks denoting severe rarity)

Shotguns
  • SPAS12
    M1014 (Benelli M4)**
    Fabarm FP6**
    KS-23 "Special Carbine" ******
The KS-23 almost deserves its own category. It fires ridiculous ammunition, roughly equivalent to a 4-gauge shotgun shell. There is so much recoil the KS-23 is almost dangerous to its operator. Is that not good enough for you? Try the KS-23M "Drozd." A short-barrel ("sawn-off") with a pistol-grip and no shoulder stock. Talk about a wrist-destroyer!

Assault Rifles
  • AK107, AK74, AK12, AN92**
    M4A1+*
    Alexander Arms "Ghengis" AR15 coverted for 5.45*
    AKM, AK74u**
    FA-MAS G2
    Alexander Arms "Beowulf"** (Essentially an AR15 converted for special .50 ammunition. The weapon itself is incredibly rare; the ammnution would be craftable but expensive. I'm still researching the wildcat process behind it. 10 round magazines)
Rifles
  • Remington 700+
    MAS49/56 in 7.5mm
    Ruger AC-556*+
    Savage Model 110+ (Cheaper (though still high quality!) alternative to the Ruger 700)
PDW/SMG
  • MP5K and MP10 (MP5 in 10mm)*+
    FNP90**++
    PDW-R*
    H&K UMP 45**
    H&K MP7** (in 4.6x30)
    PDW PS-2000****
Pistols
  • MP443*
    FN57**++
    MP412 "Rex"*
    Dog-1 w/ 32-gauge shotgun shells**
    M1911A1 in .45 and 10mm+
    Walther P99+
    Glocks+
    "Yesaul" Ukranian 5.45mm revolver***
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Cassull**
    Springfield Bureau Model FBI SWAT in .45**+ (I know its name is a mouthful. Essentially very, very well-made M1911A1s from Springfield Armories for American SWAT and HRT)
    S4M*****************. (This crazy but real pistol is a double-barrel, hold-out that fires 7.62. It's (as far as I know, at least as of the 1970s) the world's quietest gun ever made. It is designed to be able to kill someone at point-blank; the twist of the barrell and low-velocity of its ammunition confuses ballistic analysts into believing the victim died of an AK shot from incredible distance. Perfect for assassination, it has been recovered in small numbers from Afghanistan and south America. the USSR/Russian government denied its existence/manufacturing for years)
    SIG P226*+
    Ruger GP100 and Knight's Armament Company Suppressed Revolver**** (The Ruger, in .357 is a conventional weapon. The SR is a modified GP100 to fire 5.56. The cylinder sits right against the frame, trapping firing gasses, allowing a "conventional" suppressor to work even though a normal revolver can't be suppressed. Very rare, of course)
    OTS-20 Gnom** (Russian 12.5mm revolver. Fires modified 32 gauge shells)
    OTs-23 Drotik 5.45** (machine pistol Burst or semi-auto)
    OTs-28 Berdysh** (9mm automatic pistol)
    OTs-33 Pernach**( 9mm semi-auto/automatic pistol)
    P-9 Gurza 9x21 pistol** (Very powerful, very small)
    Drel** 5.45mm pistol
    AMT AUTOMAG****** (Another ultra-super-I-can't-believe-it's-not-butter weapon. Basically, a M1911A1 modified to fire .44 AMP, which is basically a .30 rifle cut down to pistol length. This weapon is the predecessor of the Desert Eagle. Ammunition would be AMAZINGLY rare, but craftable (at an expense))
Made-up Weapons
  • PDW-R "Matador"
modified for use with low-velocity high-killocity 8x25, the "Matador" packs shotgun-punches in a submachine gun-frame. Only capable of semi-automatic fire with 15 round magazines, the ammunition is much slower than 5.56 and has limited penetration abilities. In fact, there bullet is so heavy compared to the grain behind it, it's essentially an over-sized .45 that starts to drop-off at 25 feet. You still wouldn't want to stand in front of it!
Last edited by Applejaxc on Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
"She looked down to blush, and up to sigh, with a smile on her face, and a tear in her eye." -Lochinvar, by Sir Walter Scott

Abberation

Re: Guns+

Post by Abberation » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:04 pm

Well, can't wait to see it in action, but you have set a high bar for yourself....

NeTix
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Post by NeTix » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:22 pm

Im happy to ear it :)

Applejaxc

Post by Applejaxc » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:42 pm

The bar isn't that high; I've already got rigged models for the weapons in-production (the M911A1, MPs, etc), + models for their ammunition. The only thing holding me back at the moment is animations (I don't know how to do those in the least) and more modding support from OldSnake; currently there is no easy method to view and modify spawn-rates and add new items to the game because the code is trapped inside the core architecture, rather than available to view and do.

When I finish these, I hope to add a MAS49/56. I feel like it's a nice survival rifle (a semi-auto M1 Garand-like that fought in Vietnam) and I owe the game dev a few Frog guns. The model will most likely come from another member of the forums I've contacted for help, but as far as I know it will lack animations/anything.
"She looked down to blush, and up to sigh, with a smile on her face, and a tear in her eye." -Lochinvar, by Sir Walter Scott

insane

Post by insane » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:57 pm

If you don't add a lever action, I'll be awfully disappointed.

Applejaxc

Post by Applejaxc » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:01 am

insane wrote:If you don't add a lever action, I'll be awfully disappointed.
The more animation skill required, the less likely it will be added.

If someone can animate lever-action for me, I'd gladly add some Winchesters, lever-action shotguns, the and the BLR.

Odeoz

Post by Odeoz » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:28 am

Good luck.
If you need some help to test your mod or anything call me :-bd

Applejaxc

Post by Applejaxc » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:07 am

Odeoz wrote:Good luck.
If you need some help to test your mod or anything call me :-bd
I probably won't do a lot of testing outside of, "Does it spawn? Does it look good? Does it sound cool?" And let people's complaints about damage, range, accuracy, and spawnrates dictate updates/ patches.

insane

Post by insane » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:12 pm

Applejaxc wrote:

If someone can animate lever-action for me, I'd gladly add some Winchesters, lever-action shotguns, the and the BLR.
If only I know...

.. but trust me, bolt actions are worth it, sexiest guns alive.

Bhoren

Post by Bhoren » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:22 pm

Applejaxc wrote:

If you give me a gun model and some time, I may be able to animate it with blender. However, I need to know what file format you need and if it's a character+gun animation or just a gun animation.
Life without music would be a mistake