First Play results

Suggest and discuss new ideas for Dangerous Rays
KaidenOZ

First Play results

Post by KaidenOZ » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:24 pm

ok so ran my first play till i almost died.
first off is there a current list of whats in the game so i can better test the current implemented features. had a browse around the forums and the main page and could'nt find anything.

on moving to another map zone i appear to have lost all items in my inventory that were added to the shortcut bar. will attempt to reproduce but i lost 2 M9 pistals 2 G36 rifles axe and baseball bat. 2 boxes of ammunition remained though.

supplies seem pretty rare currently and weapons are quite plentiful..

i will continue updating this thread as i go.

K

Applejaxc

Re: First Play results

Post by Applejaxc » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:39 pm

I had an opposite looting experience; there was plenty of water and a few cans of dog food, but I there was only 1 M9 in the entire first zone. I'm not complaining about weapon rarity, but not being able to punch/defend yourself is a little boring. It's a tense game of run-away, surely, but not being able to do anything to defend yourself is lame.

Abberation

Post by Abberation » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:45 pm

The zombies in the first build are SLOW so it is very easy to get away from them and they die from one hit in the head with a baseball bat....

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by OldSnake » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:53 pm

Zombie will be tweaked and worked after the most important issues will be fixed like game crashes :)

Bhoren

Post by Bhoren » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:49 pm

Abberation wrote:The zombies in the first build are SLOW so it is very easy to get away from them and they die from one hit in the head with a baseball bat....
A zombie IS slow, you can easily walk away. The danger of zombies is the number of the herd, being blocked by something, being bitten and die from infection.

MrThirsty

Post by MrThirsty » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:19 pm

Bhoren wrote:
Abberation wrote:The zombies in the first build are SLOW so it is very easy to get away from them and they die from one hit in the head with a baseball bat....
A zombie IS slow, you can easily walk away. The danger of zombies is the number of the herd, being blocked by something, being bitten and die from infection.
Yep agree, they should stay slow. I hate the ridiculous speed they run at you in D*yZ (not comparing, just the zed speed example), I mean they are rotten flesh and bone, not pure muscle! Since when have they been fast anyway?? Should be steadily terrifying IMO

p.s @OldSnake - great animation for the female zed so far, like they way her head tilts back and forth and the blood detail - great!

Bhoren

Post by Bhoren » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:35 pm

MrThirsty wrote:Yep agree, they should stay slow. I hate the ridiculous speed they run at you in D*yZ (not comparing, just the zed speed example), I mean they are rotten flesh and bone, not pure muscle! Since when have they been fast anyway?? Should be steadily terrifying IMO
If you base yourself on "The zombie survival guide" (which I do), zombie don't putrefy fast, it's rather slow (since there infection kill every micro-organisms inside them). Therefore, they have muscles, and even worse, they don't have pain and human limitation, they use them at full capacity. But there muscles don't regenerate, they lose strength over time, and become less and less useful. However if the muscle is damaged (bullet, slash, zombie bite, they were eaten...), they won't be able to use it correctly.