santé /health

Suggest and discuss new ideas for Dangerous Rays
theodus

santé /health

Post by theodus » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:17 pm

salut a tous :) j aurais une petite proposition :D c est de faire une sorte de chose comme ca sur le coté droit en haut par exemple
hello everyone :) I have a small suggestion :D this is to make a sort of thing like that on the right top of the screen for example=
http://www.noelshack.com/2014-17-139807 ... dsdsd1.gif

et si un zombie nous attaque 3 fois on ait ca =
and if a zombie attack us 3 times we have this =
http://www.noelshack.com/2014-17-139807 ... dsd1-g.png

et aussi que par exemple si on as un pied ou une jambes blessée on avance moins rapidement / une main ou un bras blessé on fais moins de dégâts et que pour soigner ces dégâts on met un bandage dessus cela pourrais rajouter du réalisme ! non ?
qu est que vous en pensez ? :s
and also that for example if a foot or leg is injured as we move slower / one hand or one arm injured is doing less damage and damage to treat these a bandage is placed over . could add realism! no ?
is that what you think? : s

sorry for english people i talk english than a Portuguese cow x)

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Re: santé /health

Post by OldSnake » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:05 pm

Hello theodus,

everything you mention in this post will be in the game in the future. Expect the first advanced health features to be added soon.

Bhoren

Post by Bhoren » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:09 pm

FRENCH :

Un système par zone peut être intéressant, en particulier pour les dommages par balles. Cependant, je suis contre le procédé "Une attaque = une blessure". On peut prendre une balle en plein torse sans qu'il y ai un seul dommage (organes manqué, artères manqué = rien/peut de saignement). De plus, si on considère une morsure (et si on ne prend pas en compte se qui ai dit dans "Le guide de survie en territoire zombie", c'est a dire morsure = MORT par infection zombie), tu n'aurais que peut de dommages : blessure par saignement, écrasement si il mort vraiment fort avec arrachement de peau et de chair.
Je suis plutôt pour :

-Si OldSnake a VRAIMENT BEAUCOUP de volonté, un système comme World of Tank, c'est a dire un placement avec volume simple dans le modèle du jour pour les organes. Si une balle passe par là, ou si une tête creuse en charcute un, organe blessée, avec les conséquences (muscle : mouvement réduit/impossible ; artère : saignement intenses ; cœur/cerveau : mort).
-Si OldSnake a pas vraiment envie de se ruiner la santé : Un système de pourcentage par zone (Une zone avec un système sanguin plus dense vas avoir plus de chance de saigner). Le pourcentage varirait en fonction de se qui fait des dommages (une balle blindée a moins de chance de faire saigner qu'une tête creuse).

Également, je suis contre la bonne vienne barre de vie, tu prend 10^9 balles dans le pied ? Ben tu meurt. Tu prend une balle dans la tête ? Tu survis. Un système comme ça ruine le réalisme a mon gout.
Les soins devrais être sur la durée, lorsque l'on soigne une blessure, celle-ci devrait mettre du temps pour se résorber. Cella forcerait les joueurs a faire attention.

On devrait penser a un système d'infection, avec une propagation de l'infection, des antibiotiques, etc...

ENGLISH :

An area system could be nice, especially for bullet damage. However, I'm against the "One damage = one wound" system. A man can take a bullet in torso without having any significant damages (missed organs, artery missed = nothing/light bleeding). Plus, if we consider a bite (and if we don't look at "The Zombie Survival Guide", which say "a bite = DEATH by zombie infection), you would only have light damages : light bleeding wound, mashed area if he bite really hard with some torn skin and flesh.
I'm for :

-If OldSnake have REALLY A LOT OF WILL : a system like World of Tank's, ie placing simple volumes inside the player's model for the organs. If a bullet pass through one, or if a HP slash one, the organ would be wounded, with consequences (muscle : slowed/impossible movements ; artery : intense bleeding ; heart/brain : death).
-If Oldsnake don't want to kill himself : A percentage per area system (An area with a dense blood system would have more chance to bleed). The percentage would chance with what deals the damage (an FMJ would have less chance to make a bleeding wound than an HP).

I'm also against the good old life bar. You take 10^9 bullets in the feet ? Well you're dead. You take a bullet to the head ? You survive. For me, a system like that ruin the realism.
Healing should be on a duration, when you heal a wound, it should take time to disappear. This could force player to be more careful.

We should think about a disease system, with infection propagation, antibiotics, ect....

Applejaxc

Post by Applejaxc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:07 am

Bhoren wrote:
ENGLISH :

-snip-
One thing people don't realize is that yes, you can survive a few 9mm to the chest, but if a .22 cuts the artery in your thigh you're... how do the French say "Fucked" ? Tu as something with an e and an accent at the end?

That isn't the point.

My point is yes, damage should be localized. But it shouldn't be the FPS stander "Chest = x damage leg = 1/2x damage head = 2x damage" There should be hitboxes for grazing shots to the head (non-serious), through-the-brain (dead), and in-the-jaw (you're pretty much Frenched up but aren't going to die... immediately). There should be a hitbox for the heart, and body armor should be able to stop low-caliber or low-velocity bullets from penetrating it while still hitting the chest box. Getting shot in the forearm is more likely to break a bone than the upper arm (as far as I know; I'm not a doctorologist), et cetera.

Bhoren

Post by Bhoren » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:20 pm

Yes, and HP / SP bullet would have an interest, let's look at a target (the tan part is skin, lighter tan is flesh, the brown thing is an organ and the grey square is a bone) :
You shoot a FMJ at the target :

NOOOOOOOO ! You missed the organ, there is only light bleeding, and the monster kill you. The end. Now, let's look at the HP bullet :

Well, when the bullet hit the target, the game calculate bullet fragmentation probability. If the bullet is fragmented, then the game calculate shrapnel trajectory, and watch the creature die from organ failure, bone fracture and heavy bleeding you would have not made with a FMJ.

Applejaxc

Post by Applejaxc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:03 pm

Bhoren wrote:Yes, and HP / SP bullet would have an interest, let's look at a target (the tan part is skin, lighter tan is flesh, the brown thing is an organ and the grey square is a bone) :
You shoot a FMJ at the target :

NOOOOOOOO ! You missed the organ, there is only light bleeding, and the monster kill you. The end. Now, let's look at the HP bullet :

Well, when the bullet hit the target, the game calculate bullet fragmentation probability. If the bullet is fragmented, then the game calculate shrapnel trajectory, and watch the creature die from organ failure, bone fracture and heavy bleeding you would have not made with a FMJ.
Bhoren, I think I'm in love with you. Seriously.

Are all of your imagine hand-drawn?

Bhoren

Post by Bhoren » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:41 pm

Off topic time ! I'll be the first Voodoom's victim !
Applejaxc wrote:Are all of your imagine hand-drawn?
Yes, I do them really quickly on Paint Tool SAI.
And by the way, who has drawn your avatar ? Because I really like the style of it, and I would like to learn this one from more pictures.
Applejaxc wrote:how do the French say "Fucked" ? Tu as something with an e and an accent at the end?
Well, you may say "T'es baisé", which can mean "You're fucked", "you're screwed", "you're doomed", "you're done". If you wanna be more soft, you can also say "T'es foutu", only meaning the two last ones. (btw : "T'es" is the contraction of "Tu es", which is equivalent to "You are")

Going back to topic :

I think that internal wounds should be more difficult to heal. You could use some painkiller to reduce the negative effect from it (like moving a bit faster for a damaged leg), even use too much to get normal statistics, at the risk of making your wound even worse later.
Bleeding is important for the gameplay in my opinion. If you bleed to much, you'll start to go slower, your action would be less precise and you could even see illusion. You'll need to bandage your wound, use some medicine, and mostly : DISINFECT THE WOUND ! In real life, even the smallest wound can bring an more or less dangerous infection.
Last edited by Bhoren on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by OldSnake » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:47 pm

I like your drawings Bhoren :)

Very useful and fast to understand your suggestions.

Bhoren

Post by Bhoren » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:57 pm

OldSnake wrote:I like your drawings Bhoren :) Very useful and fast to understand your suggestions.
Well thank you ! Since I'm french, I can make a lot of mistake while speaking english, and in my humble opinion, music and drawing are the two universally understandable form of art, so they worth a thousand words !

Applejaxc

Post by Applejaxc » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:05 am

Bhoren wrote: I think that internal wounds should be more difficult to heal. You could use some painkiller to reduce the negative effect from it (like moving a bit faster for a damaged leg), even use too much to get normal statistics, at the risk of making your wound even worse later.
Bleeding is important for the gameplay in my opinion. If you bleed to much, you'll start to go slower, your action would be less precise and you could even see illusion. You'll need to bandage your wound, use some medicine, and mostly : DISINFECT THE WOUND ! In real life, even the smallest wound can bring an more or less dangerous infection.
Thanks. I'm good enough with languages to figure out T'es = tu es. A serious life-saver when I didn't know French pronouns my first year was when I guessed what ce, cette, and (most importantly) c'est meant. Now I have to know that le, la, les, l' aren't only gender markers, but pronouns, along with en, which also means "In," and me, se, te... plus 9 thousand more exceptions. >.>

Anyway:

One thing I hate in DayZ is that bleeding = dying. Any wound capable of causing bleeding, if it doesn't knock you unconscious out right, will cause you to lose 10 liters/second, which is just silly. Bleeding should always be a hazard, yes. In Dangerous Rays (DR from here on out) it shouldn't always result in dying if you don't bandage yourself within the next millisecond.
Painkillers are a yes, but they'd have to be called "Pain Mitigators" or something if DR wanted to sell in Australia, no doubt. ODing should be a serious risk.
Zombies/monsters should be able to track by blood. They would follow the "trail" you leave all the way to when you finally stopped bleeding, and then figure out where you went from there based on hearing/sight/smell/whatever they do normally. A botched fight with 1 zombie leading to a chasing horde would be a very good threat.