Enemy Ai

Suggest and discuss new ideas for Dangerous Rays
beastxjason

Enemy Ai

Postby beastxjason » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:31 pm

Would really love to see some bandit type ai to keep things alive while exploring. Most fun I ever had was renting an epoch server and adding in the roaming ai. ?It keeps everything fresh and really shoots down the kill on sight theme that is in so many games in this genre.

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Re: Enemy Ai

Postby OldSnake » Sat May 02, 2015 10:29 am

Hello, human AI is planned since the beginning and it will be definitely added in the future.
Dangerous Rays main developer and Lonely Bits Games director. http://www.lonelybitsgames.com

virtual.storm

Postby virtual.storm » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:14 am

Hello, sorry for bringing back an old post.

I just want to say how important I see it is to have a real advanced AI in the game. I´m also a big fan of STALKER series, specially of the mods that makes the AI more free and wild. Aside from the atmosphere, the encounters made the game for me; the thrill of facing only two really good AI opponents (not a horde of stupid soldiers or something), that not only take cover, but run away, hide and flank me, or sometimes completely flee. The mutual hunting through an abandoned factory... In many situations the opponents seemed really human, don´t know if for flaws or good programming.
I belive that with a strong and free AI, together with the realistic ballistic you guys are preparing, this game would be epic.

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby OldSnake » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:37 am

Yes i am trying to build a good AI base system so i can build some good AI behaviors in the future.
Dangerous Rays main developer and Lonely Bits Games director. http://www.lonelybitsgames.com

Return to “Suggestions”