[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
What do you think guys about notes ? - Lonely Bits Games Community Forums

What do you think guys about notes ?

Suggest and discuss new ideas for Dangerous Rays
Darkamo

What do you think guys about notes ?

Postby Darkamo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Hey , i wanted to start a little thread here about an actual "note systhem" , it could become handy to players to leave advices for others ( or small stories they been throught , trolling stuff or even beware ) , how should that work ? Hum i was thinking about like finding "papers items" that you can write on it , then you go in your inventory select the paper or page and will have an option like " write " and then you just have to tape the message exemple :

"Lucky me i found an akm , some magazines and even some medecines items , sorry for you if you read this but i leave this place pretty empty but take a look around you can find stuff that i din't took , left or even miss , talking a bout that i put a knife in the bathroom on the second floor , hope that you be helpfull for ya , good luck survivor .

- Darkamo"

Well this is it for the idea leave your thought or even share your ideas about it ;) !
Those are beautyfull but dangerous rays.

Seneral
Dangerous Rays Supporter
Dangerous Rays Supporter

Re: What do you think guys about notes ?

Postby Seneral » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:08 pm

This is a nice idea - in a multiplayer game... ;) Actually, there is none, just potentially coop. And even in coop it would be quite senseless as you probably stay in contact with your mates:/ And I think procedurally generated text messages like these which direct to hiden supplies would be hard to realize!
Or did I understrand your suggestion wrong? :)
-Seneral

Darkamo

Postby Darkamo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:36 pm

Yeah , i forgot to say that it will be a nice feature for mostly the "multiplayer part" of the game , but for the solo we could found like backstories of other survivor and even what happend to them ( like Jack's note # 1 , 2 , 3 etc.....) and Mxthe have a really potential for creating stories im sure he even would be able to create a background storie that can give you tears :o !

About procedurally generated text messages i don't think that would fit multiplayer cause for the solo they will be able to spawn procedurally the storie notes but i think it will be good to not have those in multiplayer , i think i will be better if you can only found player's notes.

And for coop idk i think a radio will be more usefull you know , but if you decide to split up for scaveging then yes it would be great to have this feature , put maybe instend that leaving a note we could have like uuh...well i don't no the name in english but it's like a painting spray for the grafities you know like you leave a message on a wall .

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby OldSnake » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:07 pm

A note / radio system is planned since some time now, it will appear ingame in the future.
Dangerous Rays main developer and Lonely Bits Games director. http://www.lonelybitsgames.com

Darkamo

Postby Darkamo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:56 pm

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby OldSnake » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:01 pm

I am planning to do a note system so the player can find written notes by other NPC or player (when multiplayer mode will be added) and also create his own notes and maybe be able to draw things on it.
Dangerous Rays main developer and Lonely Bits Games director. http://www.lonelybitsgames.com

Darkamo

Postby Darkamo » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:06 pm

Return to “Suggestions”