Monsters

Suggest and discuss new ideas for Dangerous Rays
Abberation

Monsters

Post by Abberation » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:28 pm

Hello, so i watched the video first showing off your game and at the end was this mutant zombie horrible thing that did not die despite being shot in the middle of the face. So i ask, are we going to see more things like this? as in evil beasts that pose a serious threat? I bring this up only because it seems like in these kinds you get kitted out and then you just do not die to anything. And i think adding some monsters to the world that are extra tough or that you can only hide from would add to the fact that you are simply a survivor not the "king of the wastelands". So in short, i think adding this kind of thing to your game would make it better and more survival than loot hoard and became invincible.

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Re: Monsters

Post by OldSnake » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Hello Abberation and welcome to Dangerous Rays forums, yes that thing you see in the video is quite strong and also emit some radiations, so you need to be really careful.

Of course i am planning to add a large variety of other mutants and also some paranormal entities in the future. I will release more details on this in the future.

Abberation

Post by Abberation » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:45 pm

That is awesome news to hear, finally a world that will be dangerous AND unnerving....

Applejaxc

Post by Applejaxc » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:13 pm

I don't like the idea of invincible monsters. Maybe true horror-factor monsters that are only rendered killable in the light, and only appear at night? That way you're forced to either run, or sit and wait for it to come to you. Option one, you have to keep moving. You stop moving? You die. In situation two, you're sitting and waiting and waiting and waiting, spinning in circles, listening in to the dark, hoping your fire lasts long enough...

Abberation

Post by Abberation » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:19 pm

Why don't we also take this thread as an opportunity to suggest monsters as well...that could be fun...

Applejaxc

Post by Applejaxc » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:34 am

Abberation wrote:Why don't we also take this thread as an opportunity to suggest monsters as well...that could be fun...
Alright.

Let's have 1 Chupacabra, Yeti, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Beast of Bay Road, Dracula, and Frankenstein that spawn only once (but never despawn!) per world at a completely randomly chosen time starting at least several days after you start a new world.

Syncøpe

Post by Syncøpe » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:24 pm

I disagree with invincible monster, but very strong monster why not?

If you want an intense and intersting single player experience, it must be hard ! :D
Like the succes of the Facepunch's game, if you play solo, i'ts not funny O:-)

Bhoren

Post by Bhoren » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:19 pm

An interesting thing would be how a monster react to an ammunition type.
A monster with a thin skin and organs close to each other would take a ton of damages, bleeding and incapacitating injuries from an HP bullet since they expend in the target, throwing shrapnel inside. However, a monster with a thick skin, an exoskeleton (like spider) or without blood system would take almost nothing from a HP, because it wont pierce or do significant injuries.
A FMJ bullet could pierce, but also may pass through the target without hurting organs or blood system, dealing less damage.

Abberation

Post by Abberation » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:01 am

That's a good idea, to have squishier monsters react less to armor piercing as it would go right through them, and have armored creatures be less affected by HP ammo, and given the engine at play here i do not see how it could be super difficult....(though i know nothing about programming)