Hunting

Suggest and discuss new ideas for Dangerous Rays
FractRacer

Hunting

Post by FractRacer » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:13 am

Hello,
After seeing the videos and reading the FAQ it seems that no animals are in the game; do you plan to add animals and the possibility to hunt them?

Fract.

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Re: Hunting

Post by OldSnake » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:18 am

Hello, yes it is planned and some animals are almost finished ! :)

Expect to see some animals quite soon after the first early access version.

Bhoren

Post by Bhoren » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:15 pm

OldSnake wrote:Hello, yes it is planned and some animals are almost finished ! :)

Expect to see some animals quite soon after the first early access version.
While we are talking about animals, I would like to talk about a idea that I found interesting. In the book "The Zombie Survival Guide", zombies afraid animals, they run away if an infected come too close (but it's still a long range). Hearing animals in a forest is a sign that there is no infected around.

We could use that in the game. Let's say that some creature make the animals run away. You are hunting, searching for food, and then animals run in fear. You could also hear nothing, which is not normal in a forest. Anyway, if one of those things happen, you know that you may be in trouble.

A other thing we could do is break that indicator. You hunt with a rifle, you shoot and make every animal run away. You will not be able any more to tell if there is silence because of your shot, or because there is something around.

Voodoom

Post by Voodoom » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:32 pm

What about mutated animals then ? Because I don't think that animals are insensible to nuclear fallout ^^.
But yeah, this is an interesting idea.

Applejaxc

Post by Applejaxc » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:34 pm

Voodoom wrote:What about mutated animals then ? Because I don't think that animals are insensible to nuclear fallout ^^.
But yeah, this is an interesting idea.
I agree.

Abberation

Post by Abberation » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:00 am

Have you seen the animals that have taken up pripyat as a new home? they seem relatively unaffected by the radiation...Though i see how that could get boring, soooooooo....what if extremely mutated entities had bad radiated meat and healthier looking ones have better nutritional value...

Applejaxc

Post by Applejaxc » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:11 am

Abberation wrote:Have you seen the animals that have taken up pripyat as a new home? they seem relatively unaffected by the radiation...Though i see how that could get boring, soooooooo....what if extremely mutated entities had bad radiated meat and healthier looking ones have better nutritional value...
There's obviously only insects at the heart of Chernobyl, but there's dear in the area.

Abberation

Post by Abberation » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:04 pm

what do you mean "at the heart"? there is nothing living in the CNPP, and yes there are deer but stuff like bears and owls have been seen in the wider area surrounding it....

Applejaxc

Post by Applejaxc » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:20 pm

Abberation wrote:there are deer but stuff like bears and owls have been seen in the wider area surrounding it
Exactly.

In Dangerous Rays, you aren't hanging out at ground zero. You are very far from it, because otherwise you'd be dead, not a survivor. There should be normal animals just as much as horribly mutated ones.

Abberation

Post by Abberation » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:32 pm

Exactly, nothing left to say about that....