[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Item Glow - Lonely Bits Games Community Forums

Item Glow

Suggest and discuss new ideas for Dangerous Rays
MrThirsty

Item Glow

Postby MrThirsty » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:23 pm

May I suggest a gentle glow effect round items when you hover your mouse cursor over them? Little a subtle outline in green or white, to give confirmation of what you are selecting before picking up?

Bhoren

Re: Item Glow

Postby Bhoren » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:36 pm

Life without music would be a mistake

Edarius

Postby Edarius » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:55 pm

Please add a toggle option if you do that, yes. oO
WarZ (I mean "Infestation: Survivor Stories") showed me how bad it was for the immersion. Maybe it was too much obvious and too much blue... (with a nice "PRESS "E"" above).

MrThirsty

Postby MrThirsty » Sun May 11, 2014 9:28 am

Is this something you would consider adding at some point Oldsnake? Just curious (^_-)

Deman

Postby Deman » Sun May 11, 2014 9:30 am

Yeah... If you do that OldSnake, please give an option to toggle it. Nothing more immersion breaking to me than item glows...

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby OldSnake » Tue May 13, 2014 8:47 am

Yes i will consider to add something like this in the future. But yes if i do such thing it will be definitely tweakable in the settings menu.
Dangerous Rays main developer and Lonely Bits Games director. http://www.lonelybitsgames.com

Applejaxc

Postby Applejaxc » Wed May 14, 2014 4:07 am

That would be nice, at the very least, to stop me from bashing F/E trying to pick something up.
"She looked down to blush, and up to sigh, with a smile on her face, and a tear in her eye." -Lochinvar, by Sir Walter Scott

Tadler

Postby Tadler » Wed May 14, 2014 8:51 pm

Item glow will simplify looting. Items that blend with the environment add extra challenge.
Here is an example:
First you clear out the area from any enemies. Than you have to choose: Quicly search a house for some items or You spend more time by checking every corner. Like one guy runs into a building and finds only some food on second floor. But the next guy paid more attention to details and found a hatch on the first floor that the previous guy missed so he might get better loot than the first guy.
My point is that those who spend more time for searching the buildings get rewarded for their efforts. It is a survival game. When you just run into a building a quicly collect all the shines would deffinetly breack th immersion.
Loot highlights are better for arcade games.

OldSnake
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby OldSnake » Thu May 15, 2014 9:58 am

Hello, while i am agree that grab / interact with objects is sometimes too difficult, especially with small ones, i don't like the idea to add a glow around objects.

i am working on a new system to make object grabbing / Interaction easier for small objects.
Dangerous Rays main developer and Lonely Bits Games director. http://www.lonelybitsgames.com

MrThirsty

Postby MrThirsty » Thu May 15, 2014 10:16 am

Good to hear Oldsnake. My suggestion was meant to include the fact that items would simply have a subtle glow or outline when you got very close to them (not every pickable item glowing from any distance widely) but to simply help define the items from foreground textures/gauge distance. But either way I'm sure you got it all sussed ;)

Return to “Suggestions”